HUNTSVILLE, Ala. – March 30, 2015 – Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE:NOC) is highlighting key defense capabilities during the Association of the United States Army (AUSA) Global Force Symposium, taking place March 31 – April 2, at the Von Braun Center.
The symposium theme is "Win in a Complex World" and Northrop Grumman's exhibit is located in booth #600.
To access the Northrop Grumman show press kit, go to: http://www.northropgrumman.com/MediaResources/MediaKits/AUSA2015/Pages/default.aspx
"The AUSA Global Force Symposium presents important opportunities for industry and the military community to discuss and exchange ideas on weapon system acquisition, the direction of the government's and industry's research and development investments and ways to improve collaboration between the government and industry," said Kevin Campbell, vice president and Huntsville corporate lead executive, Northrop Grumman. "With today's challenging and rapidly changing operational environment, it is critical to closely partner with our customers to ensure our future force remains dominant."
In its booth, Northrop Grumman will feature capabilities to help the Army maintain a competitive overmatch against potential adversaries:
- The Integrated Air and Missile Defense Battle Command System (IBCS) is a revolutionary command-and-control system developed to deliver a single, unambiguous view of the battlespace. IBCS significantly enhances aircraft and missile tracking and improves the ability of combatant commanders and air defenders to make critical decisions within seconds.
- The Global Combat Support System-Army (GCSS-Army) program is helping the Army transform tactical logistics with enterprise resource planning. GCSS-Army will provide a single system to deliver near real-time and highly accurate data for anticipating, allocating and synchronizing the flow of resources for missions and sustainment.
- A Northrop Grumman-developed aircraft-mounted airborne communications pod combined with the company's Freedom™ multifunction, software-defined radio system serves as an aerial gateway to create an advanced tactical network. This network bridges and extends data and voice communications, including among disparate users and different datalinks; enhances situational awareness to the tactical edge; and enables a more fully connected digital battlefield.
- Remotec's rugged and dependable hazardous duty robots provide safety to our warfighters and first responders by keeping danger at a distance. Two Remotec unmanned ground vehicles will be on display: Andros Titus™, the newest and smallest member of the Andros™ line and an upgraded Andros™ F6B, the workhorse for military, explosive ordnance disposal teams, hazardous materials units and other first responders around the world.
- The Highly Adaptable Multi-Mission Radar (HAMMR) provides comprehensive situational awareness to protect the fighting force from current and emerging threats. HAMMR incorporates an Active Electronically Scanned Array fighter radar mounted on a ground vehicle or towable trailer to provide continuous 360-degree protection while operating on-the-move.
- VIC-5 is an integrated intercom system that supports internet protocol communications to soldiers on the battlefield. The system is the successor to AN/VIC-3, which has been proven on more than 100,000 U.S. ground vehicles. VIC-5 is also backwards compatible with VIC-3, ensuring a simplified transition to enhanced capabilities.
- Common Infrared Countermeasures (CIRCM) is a lightweight and highly reliable laser-based countermeasure system that is designed to integrate and operate with legacy and emerging missile warning systems for rotary wing, tilt-rotor and small fixed-wing aircraft across the military services.
- The AN/APR-39D(V)2 is a radar warning receiver and electronic warfare management system designed to maximize survivability by improving aircrew situational awareness via interactive management of all onboard sensors and countermeasures.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Please visit www.northropgrumman.com for more information.
CONTACT: Sudi Bruni 858-592-3407 email@example.com