SAN DIEGO, Feb. 15, 2016 -- Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE:NOC) is highlighting key maritime defense capabilities during WEST 2016 , a naval conference and exposition co-sponsored by AFCEA International and the U.S. Naval Institute, taking place Feb. 17 â 19 at the San Diego Convention Center.
This year's conference theme is "How Do We Make the Strategy Work?" Northrop Grumman is a platinum sponsor of the conference and its exhibit is located in booth #1503
To access the Northrop Grumman press kit, go to: http://www.northropgrumman.com/MediaResources/MediaKits/WEST/Pages/default.aspx .
"WEST is an opportunity for excellent dialogue about the emerging threats in the expanding maritime domains and how industry and the military can work together to sustain our unparalleled national security capabilities in spite of fiscal constraints," said Robert W. "Brick" Nelson, San Diego corporate lead executive, Northrop Grumman. "At Northrop Grumman, we're developing streamlined, affordable, and integrated capabilities for the warfighter - from seabed to space. Our focus on cyber resiliency ensures that these systems start secure, stay secure and return secure - critical to gaining the advantage in any future conflict."
In its booth, Northrop Grumman will feature innovative capabilities to help customers contend with the increasing challenges and expanding domains of the sea service operations:
- As a leading provider of full-spectrum cyber solutions, the company will demonstrate how it builds cyber into every system, platform and product to enhance mission assurance and resiliency. Demonstrations at the booth include cyber situational awareness solutions along with capabilities that provide full-spectrum end-to-end mission operations.
- Fire Scout, an autonomous unmanned helicopter providing situational awareness and precision targeting for military commanders.
- X-47B, a tailless, strike fighter-sized unmanned aircraft developed for the U.S. Navy's Unmanned Combat Air System (UCAS) Carrier Demonstration program.
- Biometric Ecosystem, a comprehensive range of biometric intelligence solutions for military, law enforcement, counterterrorism and border control. The Biometric Ecosystem includes multi-modal capture, storage, matching, performance monitoring, modeling, simulation and biometric-enabled intelligence functions.
- Integrated Air and Missile Defense Battle Command System (IBCS), a system of systems for air and missile defense. IBCS enables integration of current and future sensors and weapon systems and provides interoperability with joint command and control and the ballistic missile defense system
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization, to government and commercial customers worldwide. Please visit www.northropgrumman.com for more information.