FALLS CHURCH, Va. – Nov. 15, 2021 – Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE: NOC) has been recognized for sustainability leadership with its inclusion on the 2021 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI). This is the sixth consecutive year that Northrop Grumman has been included in the DJSI, which annually evaluates companies based their environmental, social, and governance (ESG) leadership.
“We continue to build on our culture rooted in inclusivity, taking action to mitigate the impacts of climate change and being a champion within our communities,” said Mike Witt, chief sustainability officer, Northrop Grumman. “We remain fully committed to making our world safer, more equitable and sustainable.”
Throughout 2021 Northrop Grumman intensified its dedication to environmental readiness, crisis management, and focus on the health and welfare of its people and communities. Some examples include:
- Recognition by the Disaster Recovery Institute International’s (DRI) Award for Excellence in the category of Response and Recovery of the Year, for the Lake Charles team’s response to back-to-back hurricanes
- Named one of DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity as well as a top company for veterans, people with disabilities, employee resource groups, and executive diversity councils
- Inclusion as one of Equileap's top 25 companies for gender equality on the S&P 500
- Inclusion as a Leading Disability Employer by the National Organization on Disability
- Named a Best of the Best Top Supplier Diversity Programs by U.S. Veterans magazine
- Provided over $44 million in giving to charitable programs through Northrop Grumman, the Northrop Grumman Foundation, and our employees
Northrop Grumman completed its 2020 environmental sustainability goals and invested nearly $30 million over the last six years to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, conserve water, and divert solid waste from landfill. The company is currently in the process of establishing the next generation of environmental sustainability goals, further driving the company to a more sustainable future.
Details in the Northrop Grumman 2020 Sustainability Report further illustrate the company’s dedication to improving the lives of employees, the state of the planet, and the strength of communities.
Northrop Grumman is a technology company, focused on global security and human discovery. Our pioneering solutions equip our customers with capabilities they need to connect, advance and protect the U.S. and its allies. Driven by a shared purpose to solve our customers’ toughest problems, our 90,000 employees define possible every day.