CANBERRA, Australia – Nov. 13, 2014 – Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE:NOC) launched its newest secure communications system (SCS) product at the Military Communications and Information Systems (MiLCIS) Conference in Canberra, today.
The SCS-400, the latest member of the company's SCS family of products, revolutionises mobile communications. Development of the system began when Northrop Grumman was contracted to deliver the SCS-400 as part of the Australian Army's Secure Communications Mobile Platforms – Land (SCMP-L) program. The SCS-400's small size and lightweight construction make it highly mobile, allowing for rapid establishment of secure communications to first responders.
Designed to support more than 150 deployed personnel with a self-healing, self-forming Internet Protocol (IP) meshed network, the SCS-400 utilises any available IP bearer to connect devices securely. It has also been ruggedised for hostile environments, allowing it to be deployed in a broad range of scenarios.
"Northrop Grumman is proud to be launching the SCS-400 today," said Ian Irving, chief executive for Northrop Grumman Australia. "This latest product, developed in Australia by Northrop Grumman's M5, unit, is a game changer for secure communications. We are pleased to deliver this indigenous capability to the Australian Army."
Unlike previous generation remote communications systems, the SCS-400 provides deployed personnel with secure connections to headquarters utilising commercially available connections, such as 3G/4G, satellite, BGan, Ethernet or WiFi. In addition to providing voice communications, an easy-to-use touchscreen interface allows users to operate secure email and other systems quickly and easily.
Features of the SCS-400
- Supports up to 150 users per unit
- Up to 30 times smaller than previous generations
- Range of built-in cyber security measures
- Optional VoIP PABX provided by Cisco's Call Manager Express™
- Optional capacity to run applications such as email, file, WAN optimisation and databases on board via virtualisation running on inbuilt servers
- Multiple, simultaneous connections between sites and back to base using inbuilt 4G, ADSL, High Speed Serial, Ethernet, Wi-Fi and external satellite
- Modular design incorporating user-accessible expansion slots and internal PCI-e Mini cards allows for seamless integration of new technologies and system upgrades to suit a wide range of communication scenarios
- Support packages are available from Northrop Grumman to suit various deployment requirements
The SCS-400 is an all in one:
- Communications system – including data/ voice
- Security platform
- Storage device
- Processing unit
The SCS Family
The Northrop Grumman SCS family ranges from the single-user SCS-100 through to the larger SCS-400, capable of supporting up to 150 users. The SCS- Network Management System (NMS) runs a monitoring system that connects all units. SCS devices automatically connect to each other without a gateway, providing secure communications over open networks.
A leading integrator of cyber solutions for the intelligence, defence, civil/federal, state and local, and commercial sectors, Northrop Grumman offers innovative solutions that are securing networks and products worldwide. For more information, visit www.northropgrumman.com/cyber .
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Please visit www.northropgrumman.com for more information.
CONTACT: Christian Taubenschlag +61 2 6161 8627 (office) +421 774 748 (mobile) email@example.com