LOS ANGELES – Feb. 23, 2015 – Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE:NOC) employees will come together next week, Feb. 23-28, for community outreach and innovation activities in celebration of Engineers Week. Northrop Grumman is a longtime supporter of the annual weeklong national event, which brings engineering to life for kids, educators and parents and promotes engineering careers by increasing public dialogue and awareness.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace System's science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) outreach program will be in full swing with classroom visits, student visits to the company's facilities across the nation, innovation and activities including:
- Entertaining competitions such as balsa wood bridge-building and pasta tower construction. "Egg-Drop" challenges will showcase unique devices designed to carry raw eggs safely to the ground from heights above 30 ft.
- "Ping Pong Ball Catapult" launching a ping pong ball the farthest using catapults they design, and "Bridge on a Budget," using the fewest number of designated materials to building the strongest bridge.
- Demonstrations using autonomous vehicles as part of the company's innovation design challenge.
- Presentations by the company's Technical Fellows and Engineering Fellows at various sites throughout the week to share knowledge and inspire.
- Student presentations from several major engineering universities.
"Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems and its team of more than 9,500 engineering professionals is proudly committed to broad investment in the engineering profession and its current and future leaders," said Peggy Nelson, vice president, engineering and global product development, Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems. "Engineers Week puts an important spotlight on the critical need for building alliances between industry, government and the education community to better prepare students for engineering careers and future success."
Schools and teachers interested in scheduling Northrop Grumman STEM activities may contact the company at STEM@ngc.com .
New or recent graduates and tenured engineering professionals may visit www.northropgrumman.com/careers to discover opportunities to join the team in preserving freedom through performance and innovation.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Please visit www.northropgrumman.com for more information.
CONTACT: Bonnie Poindexter 310-812-5056 firstname.lastname@example.org