MCLEAN, Va. – May 23, 2018 – Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE:NOC) awarded $52,500 in scholarships to high school students on the winning teams of the CyberPatriot X National Finals Competition held last month.
Winners were announced during the CyberPatriot X Awards Banquet, April 18, at the Hyatt Regency, Baltimore Inner Harbor, in Baltimore, Maryland, following an intensive daylong competition, April 17. The Northrop Grumman Foundation is the presenting sponsor of CyberPatriot, the National Youth Cyber Education program created by the Air Force Association (AFA).
“This year’s national champions persevered through the toughest competition to date! We congratulate the winners and are delighted to help these students reach their education goals,” said Diane Miller, director, global cyber education and workforce development programs, Northrop Grumman. “CyberPatriot is making a global impact and inspiring young people to get excited about a career in STEM. This initiative is addressing a critical talent shortage and grooming a highly-qualified workforce that will keep every sector of our economy safe in the digital age. We look forward to CyberPatriot XI, inspiring yet another round of exciting competitions, and another record-breaking year.”
“Northrop Grumman and the Northrop Grumman Foundation are thrilled to continue our support of CyberPatriot,” said Sandra Evers-Manly, president of the Northrop Grumman Foundation and Northrop Grumman vice president of global corporate responsibility. “We are particularly pleased with the growth of diverse participants in the competition and the expanding global impact of the program.”
For a full list of winning teams from the cyber defense competition, click here.
- National Champions: Team Togo, North Hollywood High School (North Hollywood, CA)
- Runner-Up: Team Truman, North Hollywood High School (North Hollywood, CA)
- Third Place: Team Troy Tech Support, Troy High School (Fullerton, CA)
- National Champions: Team Cyber Warriors 0, Troy High School (Navy JROTC, Fullerton, CA)
- Runner-Up: Team CADv2.0, Troy High School (Navy JROTC, Fullerton, CA)
- Third Place: Team Wolfpack, Colorado Springs Cadet Squadron (Civil Air Patrol, Colorado Springs, CO)
- National Champions: Team CyberAegis Cancer Minor, Oak Middle School (San Diego, CA)
- Runner-Up: Team CyberAegis Scorpio, Oak Middle School, (San Diego, CA)
- Third Place: Team CaSH Register, Ladera Vista Junior High School of the Arts (Fullerton, CA)
The Northrop Grumman Foundation has been the presenting sponsor of CyberPatriot since 2010 and Northrop Grumman, in addition to providing scholarships, continues to devote time, talent and resources to support this STEM initiative. CyberPatriot is part of the company’s commitment to expand and enhance the pipeline of diverse, talented STEM students globally. In the UK, Northrop Grumman partners with Cyber Security Challenge UK to host CyberCenturion.. Now in its fourth year, this competition took place last month in London at the Institution of Engineering and Technology. In Saudia Arabia, Northrop Grumman supports Cyber Arabia. For more about these cyber STEM initiatives, go to: http://www.northropgrumman.com/CorporateResponsibility/Pages/CyberPatriot.aspx
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in autonomous systems, cyber, C4ISR, strike, and logistics and modernization to customers worldwide. Please visit news.northropgrumman.com/ and follow us on Twitter, @NGCNews, for more information.