FALLS CHURCH, Va., May 8, 2012 -- Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE:NOC) has released its 2011 Corporate Responsibility Report (CRR), a comprehensive publication that highlights the company's ongoing commitment to corporate responsibility, including environment sustainability, support for science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) education, community service, corporate philanthropy and employee volunteerism, among other activities. It is the fifth year the company has published this report.
"At Northrop Grumman, responsibility is at the forefront of everything we do. It exists in the way we serve our customers, our employees, our shareholders, the communities where we live and operate, and our business partners," said Wes Bush, chairman, chief executive officer and president. "In all that we are doing to position our company for continued success, corporate responsibility is central–a key component of the value of performance we provide to all of our stakeholders."
The report also details several aspects of the company's corporate responsibility mission, including ethics leadership and governance; inclusion and diversity in the workplace; supply chain management; community partnerships; support for education; commitment to our troops and military families; and environmental, health and safety stewardship.
"Corporate responsibility has been a long-standing commitment and is very important for Northrop Grumman's business and operating strategies," said Sandra Evers-Manly, vice president of Corporate Responsibility. "As we continue to grow as a company, we remain focused on maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and becoming an ideal corporate citizen of the environment and of our communities. This report highlights the company's range of activities, and our continuing growth as a socially conscious enterprise."
Northrop Grumman's CRR is available online at: http://www.northropgrumman.com/corporate-responsibility/reports/index.html . Here are some key highlights:
Northrop Grumman's performance in environmental sustainability produced several important outcomes in 2011
- Northrop Grumman's score from the Carbon Disclosure Project has improved from 42 in 2009 to 80 (out of a top score of 100) in 2011. The company's greenhouse gas reduction performance has been ahead of plan and continues to be a primary objective of its sustainability strategy.
- The company rose from #337 in 2009 to #51 in Newsweek magazine's 2011 comprehensive environmental ranking of the 500 largest American businesses.
- Computerworld magazine ranked Northrop Grumman #7 in its list of top 12 Green IT organizations in 2011, moving up from #11 in 2010.
For commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, and supply chain, the company has been recognized by several organizations
- Ranked #37 among Top 50 Companies in Diversity by DiversityInc magazine.
- Ranked #2 among Top 50 Employers by Minority Engineer magazine.
- Ranked #3 in the Top 50 for positive working environment for members of minority groups by Minority Engineer.
- Ranked Top 3 most admired companies for minority engineers by Black Engineer magazine.
- Ranked Top 100 corporations for providing opportunities for Hispanics by Hispanic Network magazine.
- Ranked #9 as best employer for graduating engineers by Black Collegiate magazine.
- Ranked #7 Top 50 for "Multicultural Business Opportunities for 2011" by DiversityBusiness.com.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide. Please visit www.northropgrumman.com for more information.
CONTACT: Margaret Mitchell-Jones (703) 280-2739 email@example.com