Orbital ATK Rockets Launches
- Eight target vehicles of various types launched, including a PATRIOT target, an Intermediate Range Ballistic Missile target, and a new Intercontinental Ballistic Missile target.
- An Orbital Launch Vehicle successfully intercepted Orbital ATK's new Intercontinental Ballistic Missile target May 30.
- The successful launch of the ORS-5 mission on a Minotaur IV August 26 was Orbital ATK's first Minotaur launch from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station.
- A Minotaur C successfully launched ten commercial imaging satellites for Planet October 31.
- Antares launched the OA-8 resupply mission to the International Space Station November 12, carrying its heaviest load to date.
Other Flight Systems Group Milestones
- Achieving significant production rate increases on commercial and military composite aircraft programs
- Supporting United Launch Alliance with 27 large composite structures on one Delta II, one Delta IV and six Atlas V launches
- Successfully flying nine GEM 40 and four GEM 60 motors and one RS-68 nozzle on ULA's Delta II and Delta IV launch vehicles
- Successfully launching or static testing 64 solid rocket motors
- Completing ten Space Launch System motor segment and casting six additional segments
- Completing test hardware for the new GEM 63 solid rocket motors
- Successfully static testing the Launch Abort Motor for the NASA’s Orion Spacecraft
- Completing a critical structural acceptance test of the first case for Orbital ATK’s Next Generation Launch (NGL) system
2018 promises to be another exciting year, with launches of several targets, Antares, Minotaur and Pegasus as well as numerous milestones in the company's propulsion and composites businesses.]]>